Thursday, October 6, 2011

I feel the wind a-blowing, slowly changing time

A "stuff I've been reading" post:

So Steve Jobs died. I grew up on Macs--my mom is a graphic designer--so I suppose my experience with computers would be very different if he hadn't been around.

Also, Fred Shuttlesworth died. He was a civil rights leader and one of the founders of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, along with Martin Luther King and David Abernathy.

A look at "traditional femininity" and the ways in which it equates women with children.

Two views on the Occupy Wall Street protests:

The Occupy Movement as a Re-Development Program (a Catholic view)

Colonialism and the Occupy Movement (from Racialicious)

From the slacktivist, a call for jubilee.

And because The Wailin' Jennys are awesome and have a new album out:

No comments:

Post a Comment