Monday, June 13, 2011

in the category of "head hits desk..."

Huh. So apparently there's been a rash of (straight, white) dudes pretending to be (gay and, in one case, Syrian) women on blogs? And on Facebook as well?

Did someone say "appropriation"?

Lemme just say: I'm straight and white (so I have those things in common with the real people behind those blogs), but I'm a girl, not a guy. Just so's it's clear and all.

In better news, tomorrow I am headed off to PAPA Festival until Sunday, where, as the Volunteer Coordinator, I will undoubtedly be running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It'll be glorious.

Here, take a look at PAPA '08:


(This video was not taken by me, but I'm a fan of the fire-playing.)

My next post will be far more fun. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment