Saturday, July 17, 2010

Reader, I smile.

And laugh at and am grateful for these things.

1. Improv Everywhere: Star Wars Subway Car.




I'd say, "Only in New York," but they proclaim it's "everywhere."

2. The Yes! And... Camp flash mob at Boathouse Row. Okay, I may be biased because I know some of these people. Anyway:



3. Coffee, which I'm drinking right now.

4. I'm out of school. Okay, so I've been out of school for a year and some (and was out of school for three years before that). But I'm at the Penn Bookstore and there are people studying (ooh, summer classes), and I'm sitting here with my blog and the non-academic stuff I'm writing and The Name of the Rose next to me. Because I can read whatever I want! And I can write whatever I want! I miss school sometimes--the intellectual stimulation and the sorta heady feeling you get when you're reading stuff written by people who are way smarter than you. But I don't miss the stress and the overwhelming feeling of "Oh God, I really don't belong here! I'm an idiot!"

5. It's the weekend. And, despite the heat, it's a beautiful day.

6. The Wailin' Jennys are playing at World Cafe Live on August 1st. I want to go, because I've heard (on good authority) that they're amazing in concert. If anyone else is around, I'd love some company. Here they are covering Neil Young's "Old Man:"





That's all for now, folks. Pardon the trivial interlude while my brain decides to take a vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. Coffee. Almost as good as beer. Mild, legal mood-altering drugs FTW.

    ReplyDelete